1. Carry around a nerf ball and the next time you are in a large group of people ask if anyone wants to throw it around, at least ten people will say yes, and then you will be the most popular person there.
2. Do not refer to sleepovers as 'consummating your friendship.'
Hugs occur between two armed adversaries. Hug logistics is the discipline of planning and carrying out the body movement of hugs. They deal with conduct of an engagement: initiation, surface area contact, arm placement, and duration of embrace.
It is best to utilize a dynamic strategy that is sensitive to your opponents' arm geometry. The most common arm formations to look out for are horizontal and diagonal. Both situations sound simple enough, but have many embedded layers of complexity. If you are are dealing with horizontal arm to arm combat you have to decide whether to go over, encirclement of the neck, or under, encirclement of the waist. Also you must decide how much pressure to apply. Usually height, sex, and intent will influence these decisions.
Hug conventions to consider:
Male-female hug with female arms on top
if both parties are friends--cute
if female is not you and male is your boyfriend-- slut
Male-female hug, crisscross arms
If both parties are same age-- awk
If one party is significantly older than other-- acceptable
Male- Male hugging -- always endearing
if one or both parties squeals- annoying
if you are one of those females squealing-- awesome, now everyone sees how
adorable you and your girlfriends are
The above has only considered mutual (agreement could be implicit or explicit) hugs, but for a comprehensive study we must consider antipositional hugging (when your opponent is lying or sitting and you are standing) and of course non-reciprocated hugging. Antipositonal hugging is always awkward do not do it, unless you are visiting someone in the hospital, then its still awkward but just do it.
Non-reciprocated hugging does not necessarily mean that your hug will not be returned. This terminology encompasses those hugs which are initiated by one side and are often returned, ambush hugs, and those hugs which are not returned, frontal assault hugs. When ambush hugging it is important to employ a coup-de-main attack, confidence and commitment are key. Any hesitation is seen as a sign of weakness and could result in the dreaded Hug-to-High-Five situation. You can easily tell if your ambush hug is actually a frontal assault hug becuase your opponent will immediately start the extraction process, or will pat you on the back with one hand. In this situation, its best to admit defeat.
If you want to be a winner at hugging. Only hug people you know will hug you back... your mom, anyone working for a tip, and Europeans.
Hello fellow SUMILLIE followers, I'm a friend of the writers who doesn't suck at getting boys. So, I've been invited to publicly display my talents in a series of SUMILLIE posts entitled "A Guide to Getting Dudes for Girls that Don't Get Dudes." A little background on me (and yes, I am ashamed about some of these): If there's one thing I have excelled at in life, besides not becoming a teen mom (yay twenties!), its stealing dudes from other girls. Yes, it's been bad, but let me tell you that nothing brightens a day like knowing a dude likes you more than his girlfriend.
On a less conniving note, I've honed my dude-catching skills and here are my gems of advice. I hope they are somewhat successful for you, as they have been for me:
1. Stay within your league. If you at least a 5, anyone is in your league because lets be serious--Dudes really just want to fuck. If the dude your into tells you something different, jump ship because he's gay.
2. Always smile when talking to a dude, unless you have an unusually gorgeous frowning face. Otherwise, smile.
3. Touch a dude in passing. Not while talking to him, only in passing.
4. Look adoring. Smile with your eyes like your trying to woo Tyra Banks, and BE enthralled.
5. Don't make over the top sexual jokes. That's just awkward.
5b. Don't make other weird comments that you think will make the dude think your quirky and cool, like "I like dinosaurs/ninjas/distance (that doesn't even make sense?)/corn." Because even if you do like those things, you don't like them enough to talk about them. And if you DO like them enough to talk about, well then you're not even a 5, and you should hit up match.com because I can only work with so little raw material.
6. Instead of stupid things, tell the dude random, funny anecdotes about you, and you with your friends. Mostly stories about being drunk are best. That way, the dude will know you have friends and will think that you're fun.
7. Hang out with girls that are uglier than you. Sub-5s are best for this.
8. AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: After a dude knows that you are into him, and, thank the lord, he gives you the impression he's into you too, ignore him. Every time you initiate a text conversation you LOSE. Everytime the dude does, you WIN. Never lose more than you win because then if you do, you are in the midst of a losing season, and as you all know too well, no dudes want a loser. Be a winner, and then you won't be loser. Simple.
Today I find myself willingly surrendered in the wide flung arms of procrastination. As I write this to you, I am cradled in the warm and loving embrace of my bed, nesting with my 5 pillows, 1 body pillow, and three stuffed animals: Blacky, Fluffy, and the head of that Moose you killed last week. In the throes of boredom, I suspiciously find myself writing notes to you on loose leaf paper at 3 in the morning, but today I decided to do something more permanent. Here's one for the textbooks, my lonely comrade, the summary of my day:
I missed my first class because I was having one of those rodeo dreams I always tell you about. And as usual I woke up tied to my bed with that lasso I bought off ebay. I'm not complaining, I mean those dreams are better than real life, but it takes me a good 20 minutes to undo.
I left my house with my hair down because I feel oddly liberated when it's blowing in the wind. Halfway through the day, and a half day later than everyone else, I felt bored with myself. Ready to reinvent myself I went to the bathroom, put my hair up and left a new woman.
My shoelace was untied today and someone was nice enough to tell me. I looked down and then he flicked me in nose. But I still think it was a kind gesture, after all tripping in public would have been worse than the nose flick, but then he tripped me. But at least someone noticed me. I think it was the deep blue eyeshadow I wore today. It's very elegant.
You know what, forget it. My day sucked. Speaking of sucking, I can tell you about my love life. I seem to have misplaced it. I know you have some troubles in that department as well, so I just wanted to make sure that you knew you could talk to me about it whenever you want, I'm pretty good at giving advice, as someone who has a lot of experience under my belt concerning issues below the belt...I've seen a lot of Grey's Anatomy.
Anyways, I overheard someone talking about you in the library today. Don't worry I haven't noticed any of the weight they said you've gained. I also saw another girl wearing Uggs too, don't worry I'm sure everyone knows you got them first, yours are in much worse condition. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery....I guess rape is the least sincere.